August 12, 2014 11:14:13 AM
PONTOTOC -- The Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department is looking into a report of a groundhog attacking a woman over the weekend.
Sheriff Leo Mask tells WTVA-TV the woman told investigators she was sitting in her home Sunday afternoon and felt something brush against her foot. He says the woman told deputies an animal then jumped in her lap before biting her on the leg and ankle.
Mask says the woman was treated at a hospital for the bites.
Investigators are looking into whether the animal was a groundhog or something else and how it may have gotten inside her home.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS