August 12, 2014 11:14:13 AM
PONTOTOC -- The Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department is looking into a report of a groundhog attacking a woman over the weekend.
Sheriff Leo Mask tells WTVA-TV the woman told investigators she was sitting in her home Sunday afternoon and felt something brush against her foot. He says the woman told deputies an animal then jumped in her lap before biting her on the leg and ankle.
Mask says the woman was treated at a hospital for the bites.
Investigators are looking into whether the animal was a groundhog or something else and how it may have gotten inside her home.
1. Suspect in Wednesday shooting turns himself in COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Photo: Highway 69 wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City wants to operate firing range, supes say 'No' COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Why do we celebrate Cinco de Mayo? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. FOI head: City violated 'Open Meetings' law COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY