August 12, 2014 11:14:13 AM
PONTOTOC -- The Pontotoc County Sheriff's Department is looking into a report of a groundhog attacking a woman over the weekend.
Sheriff Leo Mask tells WTVA-TV the woman told investigators she was sitting in her home Sunday afternoon and felt something brush against her foot. He says the woman told deputies an animal then jumped in her lap before biting her on the leg and ankle.
Mask says the woman was treated at a hospital for the bites.
Investigators are looking into whether the animal was a groundhog or something else and how it may have gotten inside her home.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY