August 13, 2014 10:37:01 AM
Two Columbus men have been arrested and charged with statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl.
Andrew Dillon Abrams, 20, of 288 Willow Lane, and Dustin Carl Styron, 20, of 367 Deer Trail, were arrested after the girl's father contacted law enforcement last week.
Investigators with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department arrested Abrams last Wednesday. Styron was arrested Thursday. Each was charged with one count of statutory rape.
The Dispatch does not identify sex crime victims.
Abrams and Styron were each involved in a consensual relationship with the girl, according to investigators. The teenager is pregnant as a result of one of the encounters, investigators said. It is unknown which man is the father.
Abrams received a bond of $25,000. Styron received a bond of $50,000. Each has a court date of November 10.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY