August 13, 2014 10:37:01 AM
Two Columbus men have been arrested and charged with statutory rape of a 14-year-old girl.
Andrew Dillon Abrams, 20, of 288 Willow Lane, and Dustin Carl Styron, 20, of 367 Deer Trail, were arrested after the girl's father contacted law enforcement last week.
Investigators with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department arrested Abrams last Wednesday. Styron was arrested Thursday. Each was charged with one count of statutory rape.
The Dispatch does not identify sex crime victims.
Abrams and Styron were each involved in a consensual relationship with the girl, according to investigators. The teenager is pregnant as a result of one of the encounters, investigators said. It is unknown which man is the father.
Abrams received a bond of $25,000. Styron received a bond of $50,000. Each has a court date of November 10.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Over 25 arrested on drug-related charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Man arrested after attack at Palmer Home COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CMSD expected to tap reserves rather than raise taxes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY