August 16, 2014 10:38:12 PM
After a 24-hour manhunt, a Lowndes County resident has been arrested and charged with aggravated domestic assault.
Brent Ryan, 35, of 100 West Jess Lyons Rd., was arrested Friday afternoon and charged with felony aggravated assault domestic violence, felony fleeing or eluding in a motor vehicle and misdemeanor resisting arrest.
Ryan allegedly assaulted a woman Thursday morning around noon, according to officials with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department. The victim managed to escape the residence and call 911. Ryan had fled the scene by the time deputies arrived. A search ensued.
Ryan was spotted Friday afternoon at Penny Ridge Grocery on Ridge Road in northern Lowndes County, according to investigators. Multiple deputies responded and Ryan fled, leading law enforcement on a chase down Ridge Road and across Highway 45 before pulling into his Jess Lyons driveway where he was arrested, according to authorities.
He is currently in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center awaiting bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. CMSD funding request alarms mayor, council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. 'World Changers' serves Golden Triangle for third year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Hattiesburg passes over SOCSD official for superintendent STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY