Highway 50 will be shut down from 10 p.m. tonight until at least 4 a.m. Thursday for the installation of a water line crossing for the Love’s truck stop. Photo by: Zach Odom/Dispatch Staff
August 20, 2014 10:50:30 AM
Highway 50 will be shut down from 10 p.m. tonight until at least 4 a.m. Thursday for the installation of a water line crossing for the Love's truck stop.
Barricades will be installed on both sides of where crews will cut into the road to install the line. Electronic billboard messaging will be in place on Highway 82 for those looking to drive west on Highway 50. Signage will warn eastbound traffic on Highway 50 that the road is closed to through traffic.
Detours are available around the south on Gardner Boulevard and the north on Sand Road. All local traffic will be allowed to access homes or businesses during the closure.
The new truck stop is scheduled to open this fall, a Love's spokesperson said Tuesday.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. City construction projects progressing COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY