Highway 50 will be shut down from 10 p.m. tonight until at least 4 a.m. Thursday for the installation of a water line crossing for the Love’s truck stop. Photo by: Zach Odom/Dispatch Staff
August 20, 2014 10:50:30 AM
Highway 50 will be shut down from 10 p.m. tonight until at least 4 a.m. Thursday for the installation of a water line crossing for the Love's truck stop.
Barricades will be installed on both sides of where crews will cut into the road to install the line. Electronic billboard messaging will be in place on Highway 82 for those looking to drive west on Highway 50. Signage will warn eastbound traffic on Highway 50 that the road is closed to through traffic.
Detours are available around the south on Gardner Boulevard and the north on Sand Road. All local traffic will be allowed to access homes or businesses during the closure.
The new truck stop is scheduled to open this fall, a Love's spokesperson said Tuesday.
Nathan Gregory covers city and county government for The Dispatch.
1. West Lowndes principal resigns COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU Student Association slams religious freedom bill STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Man charged after gun in church incident COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Columbus cheer squads competing in national event COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Pentagon targets air base surplus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY