August 21, 2014 10:33:58 AM
Lyndia Mitchell has retired from the Columbus Municipal School system following a 36-year career as a librarian at Franklin Academy Medical Science and Wellness School. She earned her aster's degree from Mississippi University for Women in Gifted Studies and a Specialist degree in Elementary Education from Mississippi State University. She is married to Walter Mitchell, and they have two daughters, Mitchell Ridley and Joyce Mitchell Miles. The Mitchells have six grandchildren. She intends to spend her retirement traveling and volunteering in her community and church.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. State road inspectors embark on annual maintenance trip COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Welty Symposium kicks off with story of truths, lies and child brides COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY