August 22, 2014 10:36:45 AM
A Columbus teenager has been charged with the statutory rape of two victims.
Myron Keith Jamison, 18, of 2410 College St., was arrested Tuesday by Columbus Police Department investigators and charged with two counts of statutory rape.
Capt. Brent Swan declined to provide details of the investigation, but said there are at least two victims. The case will be presented to the next grand jury and the number of counts against Jamison could increase, he said. Swan also declined to say when the department received the first complaint, but said detectives have been investigating the alleged crimes for several weeks.
Jamison is in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY