August 22, 2014 10:36:45 AM
A Columbus teenager has been charged with the statutory rape of two victims.
Myron Keith Jamison, 18, of 2410 College St., was arrested Tuesday by Columbus Police Department investigators and charged with two counts of statutory rape.
Capt. Brent Swan declined to provide details of the investigation, but said there are at least two victims. The case will be presented to the next grand jury and the number of counts against Jamison could increase, he said. Swan also declined to say when the department received the first complaint, but said detectives have been investigating the alleged crimes for several weeks.
Jamison is in the custody of the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center on a $50,000 bond.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Mary Kay grant comes in nick of time for Safe Haven COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Welty Gala: Toobin touches on Supreme Court, Trump tweets and journalism COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus woman jailed on forgery charge COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Dist. 38 candidates face off in forum STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Breast Cancer Awareness Month: Living life in pink STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY