November 2, 2009 9:49:00 AM
Beth Proffitt has been named The Dispatch''s new advertising director, in charge of serving both local and national clients.
Proffitt, who has been an ad representative at The Dispatch for a year, replaces Hye Coleman, who is moving to Florida to pursue opportunities there.
"Columbus is home to me and my family, as I have lived here for over 20 years," Proffitt said. "For 17 of those, I have been a small business owner and stay-at-home mom to my three children, Mckellar, Maggie and Reuben."
Proffitt said that a highlight of the job is meeting so many people from Columbus, Starkville and surrounding areas.
"We have a wonderful advertising staff here at The Dispatch, who I have enjoyed working with for the past year and am fortunate to be able to continue working with," Proffitt said.
Also, Angela Marquez has joined The Dispatch as an advertising representative, focusing on Starkville clients. Marquez, a Clinton native, has lived in Starkville the past 13 years.
To reach The Dispatch''s advertising department, call 661-328-2427.
JW commented at 11/2/2009 12:50:00 PM:
Hated to hear Hye left. Beth will do well. Good Luck to both of you!
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY