August 29, 2014 10:11:26 AM
A 76-year-old man has been indicted for fondling.
Charles Michael Rueff, 76, of 303 Warpath Road, was arrested Monday and served with an indictment for fondling, according to records at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
The case is being handled by investigators with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Department, according to Chief Deputy Marc Miley.
Rueff received a $5,000 bond. He bonded out the same day. Rueff does not have a criminal history in Lowndes County.
Sarah Fowler covered crime, education and community related events for The Dispatch.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. SFD investigating Walmart fire as arson STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY