August 30, 2014 10:42:31 PM
OXFORD -- A Shannon woman has been indicted on charges that she attempted to defraud businesses by selling ads in a fictitious publication.
WTVA-TV reports that prosecutors allege 49-year-old Veronica Rice told victims the ads would be placed in a publication distributed to military personnel and their families.
She was indicted this past week by a federal grand jury on four counts of wire fraud.
The indictment says Rice and others conspired to sell the ads for the non-existent CNFR Guide.
Court documents say Rice and others used fictitious names to sell the ads.
She has pleaded not guilty to the allegations.
1. Man shot on 7th Avenue Tuesday afternoon COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. City, store owner clash after Tuesday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mayor seeks moratorium at Princess COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lawyers, adviser crafting RFP for Oktibbeha's hospital STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. CPD makes arrest in Princess Theater shooting case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY