August 30, 2014 10:42:47 PM
STARKVILLE -- A grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission will allow the Ulysses S. Grant Association to continue its work on the first two volumes of the personal memoirs of President Ulysses S. Grant.
The grant of $43,490 will be used by the association for the 2014-15 fiscal year. The association is based at Mississippi State University.
The group is working to produce an annotated scholarly edition of Grant's memoirs in print and a digital edition. The digital edition would be published with free online access.
First published in 1885 by publishing house Charles L. Webster and Co., Grant's memoirs remain a model for contemporary presidents.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY