August 30, 2014 10:42:47 PM
STARKVILLE -- A grant from the National Historical Publications and Records Commission will allow the Ulysses S. Grant Association to continue its work on the first two volumes of the personal memoirs of President Ulysses S. Grant.
The grant of $43,490 will be used by the association for the 2014-15 fiscal year. The association is based at Mississippi State University.
The group is working to produce an annotated scholarly edition of Grant's memoirs in print and a digital edition. The digital edition would be published with free online access.
First published in 1885 by publishing house Charles L. Webster and Co., Grant's memoirs remain a model for contemporary presidents.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS