September 2, 2014 10:28:43 AM
AMORY -- An Amory pond has been added to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks community assistance program.
WTVA-TV reports McAlpine Lake joins the list of places to provide fishing opportunities to young anglers in urban settings.
The Amory Parks and Recreation Department will get state help to develop and manage the 2.5-acre pond.
Wildlife and fisheries officials will stock the pond and provide assistance on catch limits and controlling aquatic plants.
More information about use of the pond is available by calling the Amory parks and recreation department at 662-256-3221.
1. MSMS teacher wins national award for math, science teachers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bud and Burgers event canceled COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha road plan draft calls for $2M in work STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. MUW planning new culinary arts building COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Dudy Noble video board to serve as first step in renovation STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY