September 2, 2014 10:28:43 AM
AMORY -- An Amory pond has been added to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks community assistance program.
WTVA-TV reports McAlpine Lake joins the list of places to provide fishing opportunities to young anglers in urban settings.
The Amory Parks and Recreation Department will get state help to develop and manage the 2.5-acre pond.
Wildlife and fisheries officials will stock the pond and provide assistance on catch limits and controlling aquatic plants.
More information about use of the pond is available by calling the Amory parks and recreation department at 662-256-3221.
1. Wait joins Dispatch staff as new MSU reporter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Heiselt leaving Starkville school board, recommends Myles to post STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. SMART splits Boardtown route, adds new stops for residents STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Same-sex marriage: Local counties prepared to issue licenses COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus author wins prize for legal fiction COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY