September 2, 2014 10:28:43 AM
AMORY -- An Amory pond has been added to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks community assistance program.
WTVA-TV reports McAlpine Lake joins the list of places to provide fishing opportunities to young anglers in urban settings.
The Amory Parks and Recreation Department will get state help to develop and manage the 2.5-acre pond.
Wildlife and fisheries officials will stock the pond and provide assistance on catch limits and controlling aquatic plants.
More information about use of the pond is available by calling the Amory parks and recreation department at 662-256-3221.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus honors four outstanding citizens COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY