September 2, 2014 10:28:43 AM
AMORY -- An Amory pond has been added to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks community assistance program.
WTVA-TV reports McAlpine Lake joins the list of places to provide fishing opportunities to young anglers in urban settings.
The Amory Parks and Recreation Department will get state help to develop and manage the 2.5-acre pond.
Wildlife and fisheries officials will stock the pond and provide assistance on catch limits and controlling aquatic plants.
More information about use of the pond is available by calling the Amory parks and recreation department at 662-256-3221.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Five arrested in suspected fraud operation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville could settle Pride lawsuit this week STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY