September 2, 2014 10:28:43 AM
AMORY -- An Amory pond has been added to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks community assistance program.
WTVA-TV reports McAlpine Lake joins the list of places to provide fishing opportunities to young anglers in urban settings.
The Amory Parks and Recreation Department will get state help to develop and manage the 2.5-acre pond.
Wildlife and fisheries officials will stock the pond and provide assistance on catch limits and controlling aquatic plants.
More information about use of the pond is available by calling the Amory parks and recreation department at 662-256-3221.
1. Starkville moms embark on project that looks through the lens of autism STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CPD investigates northside shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Former CIA operative urges citizen engagement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. One killed, one severely injured in house fire COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. After nearly disappearing, local meth arrests make comeback COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY