September 2, 2014 10:28:43 AM
AMORY -- An Amory pond has been added to the Mississippi Department of Wildlife, Fisheries and Parks community assistance program.
WTVA-TV reports McAlpine Lake joins the list of places to provide fishing opportunities to young anglers in urban settings.
The Amory Parks and Recreation Department will get state help to develop and manage the 2.5-acre pond.
Wildlife and fisheries officials will stock the pond and provide assistance on catch limits and controlling aquatic plants.
More information about use of the pond is available by calling the Amory parks and recreation department at 662-256-3221.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY