September 3, 2014 10:21:43 AM
VANCLEAVE -- Authorities say an improvised explosive device found under a vehicle in Vancleave has been disassembled by the Biloxi bomb squad.
Bomb Squad Commander John Campbell says the Jackson County Sheriff's Office got a call around 3 p.m. Monday about a suspicious package. That's when the sheriff's office contacted the Biloxi bomb squad.
No arrests have been made and injuries were not reported.
Campbell says the device was a pill bottle that contained gun powder and BBs and it was wrapped in duct tape with a homemade fuse.
He says it didn't operate correctly.
Campbell says the dismantled device is now with the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives for further investigation.
IEDs are considered a destructive device. Making one is a federal offense.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 12 county, city officials miss financial disclosure deadline STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY