September 3, 2014 10:22:01 AM
JACKSON -- A Mississippi woman convicted of killing a Georgia woman through illicit silicone buttocks injections has been sentenced to life in prison.
Tracey Lynn Garner of Jackson was sentenced Tuesday in Hinds County Circuit Court.
Garner was convicted Friday of depraved heart murder and conspiracy to commit wire fraud. She was sentenced to five years on the wire fraud charge.
Garner was charged in the death of Karima Gordon who, prosecutors say, was lured to Jackson by Garner to perform the injections. The defense rested Friday without calling a witness after the prosecution finished its case.
Prosecutors say Gordon and a friend were referred to Garner by Natasha Stewart, an adult entertainer also known as Pebbelz Da Model. Stewart was convicted of manslaughter in Garner's death and sentenced to seven years.
1. Lowndes Narcotics Unit searching for 10 suspects COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. The accidental entrepreneurs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Dak Prescott acquitted of DUI, speeding STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Two arrested in Motel 6 robbery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville man arrested for statutory rape COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY