September 3, 2014 10:22:56 AM
Starkville police arrested a local man Sunday after a Brookville Garden shooting injured another man in his car.
Justin Rodrecus Vaughn, 26, of 264 Reverend Ware Rd., was charged with aggravated assault stemming from the incident. His bond was set at $100,000.
SPD did not release the name of the shooting victim but said he was in stable condition.
Officers were dispatched to 305 Everglade Ave. after an emergency call was placed at approximately 3:44 a.m. Sunday.
The victim was shot in his vehicle as he drove through the Brookville Garden area, a SPD release stated.
It is not known what led to the shooting. Vaughn was later identified as the alleged shooter, the release stated.
The victim was transported to OCH Regional Medical Center and later transferred to Tupelo's North Mississippi Medical Center.
No other information was released.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call SPD at (662) 323-4131.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Hitting the road: Bulldog fans pour into OKC for tonight's Sweet 16 matchup against Washington STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Bond denied for O-Kay Foods shooting suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY