September 3, 2014 10:22:56 AM
Starkville police arrested a local man Sunday after a Brookville Garden shooting injured another man in his car.
Justin Rodrecus Vaughn, 26, of 264 Reverend Ware Rd., was charged with aggravated assault stemming from the incident. His bond was set at $100,000.
SPD did not release the name of the shooting victim but said he was in stable condition.
Officers were dispatched to 305 Everglade Ave. after an emergency call was placed at approximately 3:44 a.m. Sunday.
The victim was shot in his vehicle as he drove through the Brookville Garden area, a SPD release stated.
It is not known what led to the shooting. Vaughn was later identified as the alleged shooter, the release stated.
The victim was transported to OCH Regional Medical Center and later transferred to Tupelo's North Mississippi Medical Center.
No other information was released.
Anyone with information on this case is asked to call SPD at (662) 323-4131.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. Police release more details on cold case murder arrest COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Defendant shows up to court high COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Having a voice: Tyler Edmonds seeks compensation from Mississippi for three years he spent in prison COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Documents: Nicholas seeks tourism rebate for hotel, won't pursue local TIF funds STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Man accused of stealing meat from Sunflower found not guilty COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY