November 3, 2009 9:13:00 PM
The race for Lowndes County District 1 Justice Court Judge will
continue as candidates Ron C. Cooke and Chris Hemphill move on to a
Nov. 24 runoff election.
Cooke, a former Justice Court judge, led all five candidates in
Tuesday''s special election with 405 votes (33 percent), followed by
Hemphill, a lawyer filling the late Phillip Robertson''s term on the
bench, with 322 votes (29 percent).
Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office investigator Tony Cooper was a close
third with 322 votes (26 percent). Carolyn Robertson, Phillip
Robertson''s widow, was fourth with 83 votes (seven percent).
Property manager Michael Tate garnered 56 votes (5 percent).
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. UPDATE: Boykin files suit against Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Turner responds to lawsuit claims COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. CPD honors life-saving officers COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY