October 24, 2014 9:47:46 AM
JACKSON -- The Mississippi Republican Party says it has stopped using a promotional email that included photos of two college football players without permission of the players or their schools.
GOP spokesman Bobby Morgan says the party was made aware that using photos might violate NCAA rules.
The party sent an email this week with the words: "One Mississippi. Two Mississippi. Three Mississippi."
A photo of Mississippi State's Jamerson Love was next to number one, designating the Bulldogs' top ranking. The email said a group had ranked the state as number two in oil and gas development. By number three was a photo of Ole Miss' Cody Prewitt, showing the Rebels' ranking.
The images were part of an email seeking support for Sen. Thad Cochran, who faces Democrat Travis Childers Nov. 4.
1. Cajun seafood restaurant coming to Highway 45 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Sweet Adeline: Child's future hangs in balance as Columbus family awaits liver transplant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Parents swarm Starkville middle school after false social media threat STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Lowndes investigators search for child abuse suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets life sentences for kidnapping, sexual battery COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY