November 21, 2009 9:49:00 PM
Columbus Police continue to investigate a Friday stabbing that left one person wounded.
According to information provided by CPD Public Information Officer Terrie Songer, officers responded to a call Friday at approximately 9:17 p.m. in the 1500 block of 20th Street North regarding a person who had been stabbed. Officers arrived to find a male subject with blood all over his shirt and several puncture wounds to his body, according to the report.
The injuries were not considered life-threatening. The victim was taken to the emergency room at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle, where he was treated and released.
According to the report, the incident occurred at the victim''s home and the victim knew the offender. Songer said an arrest is expected to be made soon.
Criminal Investigations was contacted and has taken over the investigation.
In other police business, the CPD arrested Jason Lamonta Hudson Thursday at 12:50 p.m. on charges of burglary, two counts of failure to obey an officer, resisting arrest and three outstanding warrants, including leaving the scene of an accident, domestic violence and failure to obey an officer.
"This arrest stems from an incident that occurred on Thursday," Songer said.
According to the report, an officer saw Hudson, 18, of 2015 14th Ave. N. in Columbus, walking on Martin Luther King Drive and knew there were outstanding warrants on him. The officer told Hudson to stop, but Hudson took off running.
Hudson climbed through an open window of a house on 15th Ave. Officers located Hudson and charged him with burglary of a home.
No bond or court date has been set.
1. Father of woman charged with providing New Hope teen alcohol speaks out COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Hilton: Hospital report filled with misleading data STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Charlie Burgin, local singing legend, dies at age 69 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Accident leads to numerous charges for Starkville man STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. City hires public defender for Municipal Court COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY