February 23, 2009
A 22-year-old Macon resident Friday was released from the hospital after he was treated for a trio of gunshot wounds he sustained in a shooting at his father''s house on Walnut Street in Macon.
Henry Weston Jr. spent nearly one week at Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle after authorities believe he was shot three times by his father, Henry Weston, Feb. 13.
Police responded to the residence shortly before 2 p.m. after receiving reports of gunshots in the area.
When authorities arrived, they found Henry Weston, 63, and his wife, 54-year-old Judy, dead from gunshot wounds to the head and neck.
After performing an autopsy on the bodies, Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun determined Henry Weston had shot his wife and son before shooting himself in the head. The shooting may have been the result of a domestic dispute between Henry Weston and his wife, Calhoun said.
Although Henry Weston Jr. was shot three times, none of his injuries were life-threatening, and he is expected to make a full recovery, according to Calhoun.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. SPD eyes camera at high-traffic Cotton District intersection STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY