December 5, 2009 9:39:00 PM
The trial of a former Columbus reserve police officer accused of statutory rape has been continued to Feb. 16.
Richard Carr, 46, was fired by the Columbus Police Department in May after being arrested in Oktibbeha County. Steve Wallace, Carr''s attorney, reported Carr''s scheduled trial was continued due to the murder trial of Brian Holliman.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two local educators inducted to Unity Park STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY