December 5, 2009 9:39:00 PM
The trial of a former Columbus reserve police officer accused of statutory rape has been continued to Feb. 16.
Richard Carr, 46, was fired by the Columbus Police Department in May after being arrested in Oktibbeha County. Steve Wallace, Carr''s attorney, reported Carr''s scheduled trial was continued due to the murder trial of Brian Holliman.
1. Armyworms ravaging yards, pastures COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Holloway convicted on simple assault charges STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Golden Triangle native asks for children's books to restock Baton Rouge library COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Missing Starkville woman returns home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Property re-appraisals show stability in real estate market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY