December 5, 2009 9:39:00 PM
The trial of a former Columbus reserve police officer accused of statutory rape has been continued to Feb. 16.
Richard Carr, 46, was fired by the Columbus Police Department in May after being arrested in Oktibbeha County. Steve Wallace, Carr''s attorney, reported Carr''s scheduled trial was continued due to the murder trial of Brian Holliman.
1. Early College High School grows in second year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother arrested after newborn tests positive for drugs STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CPD officer on paid leave after fight COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Fire destroys New Light Road home STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. 'Programming is problem solving': Local senior conducts STEM camp for girls COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY