December 5, 2009 9:39:00 PM
The trial of a former Columbus reserve police officer accused of statutory rape has been continued to Feb. 16.
Richard Carr, 46, was fired by the Columbus Police Department in May after being arrested in Oktibbeha County. Steve Wallace, Carr''s attorney, reported Carr''s scheduled trial was continued due to the murder trial of Brian Holliman.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY