December 5, 2009 9:39:00 PM
The trial of a former Columbus reserve police officer accused of statutory rape has been continued to Feb. 16.
Richard Carr, 46, was fired by the Columbus Police Department in May after being arrested in Oktibbeha County. Steve Wallace, Carr''s attorney, reported Carr''s scheduled trial was continued due to the murder trial of Brian Holliman.
1. The Mill: 'It's really coming together' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Man dies after Saturday shooting in Holly Hills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Mullen receives pay bump, extension STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Allgood, Colom face off for DA COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Historic Friendship Cemetery is still open for business COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY