December 9, 2009 10:32:00 AM
Columbus police made numerous arrests recently, with charges ranging from grand larceny to shoplifting, with one arrest coming on a tip from Crime Stoppers.
According to information provided by CPD Public Information Officer Terrie Songer, Shamor Lidell Billups, 18, of 1903 Second Ave. N., was arrested Dec. 3 at 6:20 p.m. on a charge of grand larceny.
The arrest results from an incident that took place Nov. 11 at Accessory Corner in Leigh Mall. According to the incident report, Crime Stoppers received a tip on Billups as the offender. The tip was passed on to the criminal investigator assigned to the case. He reviewed the store''s surveillance video of the incident again, and was able to positively identify Billups as the offender.
Bond has been set at $5,000 for Billups, and his court date has been scheduled for Jan. 7.
1. Trotter shooting suspect arrested COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Signing off: Longtime WCBI anchor retiring after 44 years on the air COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Big cat sleepover: Cedarhill holds fundraising raffle for second year in a row COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-circuit clerk arrested for slapping woman STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Presley blasts Net Neutrality ruling during Exchange Club speech COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY