December 26, 2009 11:12:00 PM
The state school board recently voted to modify grant awards for the fiscal year 2008 Even Start Family Literacy Program.
The purpose of the grant is to "help break the cycle of poverty and illiteracy by improving educational opportunities for low-income families through the integration of early childhood education, adult literacy and parenting education," the Mississippi Department of Education said in a press release.
Total modified grant award is $856,774.50, $76,490.53 of which was awarded to the Starkville School District.
Other districts receiving 2008 Even Start Family Literacy Program grant funds are:
- Benoit School District: $76,490.52
- Cleveland School District: $103,005.84
- Franklin County School District: $53,990.52
- Good Shepherd (Partnership with Vicksburg- Warren): $94,123.02
- Lauderdale County School: $75,000.00
- Leaf River Family Services Consortium (Petal Schools): $146,146.86
- Leflore County School: $78,844.93
- Montgomery County School District: $53,990.53
- West Tallahatchie School District: $98,691.75
1. New trial granted for man convicted of capital murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Slain man alleged victim in pending assault case COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ricky Ball Shooting: Boykin's lawyers seek change of venue COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Arrest report 9-23-16 STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY