December 26, 2009 11:12:00 PM
The Science Enrichment Program at Mississippi University for Women is hosting two work shops at the beginning of the year titled "Backyard Astronomy," where participants will explore the stars.
Workshop dates are Jan. 8 and 22 at Plymouth Bluff Center, on Old West Point Road. Sessions will begin with guest instructor David Teske of Rainwater Observatory reviewing major stargazing, constellation and moon observation concepts. Guided observation of the night sky will follow and participants are encouraged to bring binoculars, telescopes and outdoor chairs.
Gates at Plymouth Bluff will close at 7:30 p.m. when the program will begin. Participants are encouraged to arrive early.
No registration is required to participate. Both sessions are free of charge, family friendly and open to the public.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Former coach pleads guilty to sex crime with student COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY