December 26, 2009 11:12:00 PM
The Science Enrichment Program at Mississippi University for Women is hosting two work shops at the beginning of the year titled "Backyard Astronomy," where participants will explore the stars.
Workshop dates are Jan. 8 and 22 at Plymouth Bluff Center, on Old West Point Road. Sessions will begin with guest instructor David Teske of Rainwater Observatory reviewing major stargazing, constellation and moon observation concepts. Guided observation of the night sky will follow and participants are encouraged to bring binoculars, telescopes and outdoor chairs.
Gates at Plymouth Bluff will close at 7:30 p.m. when the program will begin. Participants are encouraged to arrive early.
No registration is required to participate. Both sessions are free of charge, family friendly and open to the public.
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY