February 26, 2009
The U.S. Small Business Administration recently announced federal economic injury disaster loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes located Itawamba, Lowndes, Monroe and Tishomingo Counties as a result of the drought that occurred from Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2008.
Disaster victims may contact the SBA''s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. Loan applications may be downloaded from the SBA''s Web site at www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance. Applications must be returned to the SBA no later than Oct. 13.
1. Inmate dies at Lowndes County jail COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Brown picks former SHS teacher for recognition STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Slimantics: 110-year-old poster a memento of legendary MSU-Ole Miss game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Feeding the needy: Food drives lend helping hand for Thanksgiving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: CVB offers compromise on 2-percent tax COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY