February 26, 2009
The U.S. Small Business Administration recently announced federal economic injury disaster loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes located Itawamba, Lowndes, Monroe and Tishomingo Counties as a result of the drought that occurred from Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2008.
Disaster victims may contact the SBA''s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. Loan applications may be downloaded from the SBA''s Web site at www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance. Applications must be returned to the SBA no later than Oct. 13.
1. Spears: CMSD tax hike unnecessary COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Higgins: $150 million project eying Lowndes Port COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CPD officer involved in fight to go before city council COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. MSU horticulture student gains experience at Smith Landscaping COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Two sessions planned on proposed tax increases COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY