February 26, 2009
The U.S. Small Business Administration recently announced federal economic injury disaster loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes located Itawamba, Lowndes, Monroe and Tishomingo Counties as a result of the drought that occurred from Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2008.
Disaster victims may contact the SBA''s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. Loan applications may be downloaded from the SBA''s Web site at www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance. Applications must be returned to the SBA no later than Oct. 13.
1. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Liver transplant surgeries for Columbus mother and daughter a success COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Former alderman: LGBT issues expected under 'lesbian leadership' STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY