February 26, 2009
The U.S. Small Business Administration recently announced federal economic injury disaster loans are available to small businesses, small agricultural cooperatives and most private, non-profit organizations of all sizes located Itawamba, Lowndes, Monroe and Tishomingo Counties as a result of the drought that occurred from Jan. 1-Dec. 31, 2008.
Disaster victims may contact the SBA''s Customer Service Center at 800-659-2955. Loan applications may be downloaded from the SBA''s Web site at www.sba.gov/services/disasterassistance. Applications must be returned to the SBA no later than Oct. 13.
1. Local pilot gets 10 months in British jail for alcohol COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Mother of downtown shooting suspect jailed for allegedly threatening witness COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. City: Law supports slashing businesses' hours COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Little: Aldermen 'overreach' in handling officer incident STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Perception and reality: Downtown business owners grapple with fallout from shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY