January 23, 2010 10:49:00 PM
A Columbus resident was arrested early Thursday morning on a charge of with aggravated assault.
According to information provided by CPD Public Information Officer Terrie Songer, Aldoques Jerome Dooley, 30, of 1701 Third Ave. S., Apt. 4, was arrested after officers responded to a call at 1:13 a.m. at Dooley''s residence. Upon arrival, officers found a female victim had been stabbed in the right hand.
"The victim had been in a fight with her boyfriend (Dooley), which resulted in the arrest," she said.
Friday afternoon, Dooley remained in custody in the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
No date has been set for a preliminary hearing, and no bond has been set.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Princess owner plans to reopen theater COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY