Article Comment 

Burning cooking pot causes fire at Columbus home


Dispatch Staff Report



Columbus Fire Department officials determined fire from a cooking pot on a stove caused a fire Tuesday afternoon at the residence of Jimmy Richard. 


According to CFD Rick Graves said two pumper trucks were sent to Richard''s home at 817 25th St. N. in Columbus. 


"There was a pot on the stove that created smoke and a fire. Our firefighters were there for at least an hour to control the blaze. The structure is a one-story, wood frame home," he said. 


Graves said Richard suffered no injuries. 


According to television reports, a passing motorist stopped and came to the aid of Richard. 


"There is no indication about that in our report," Graves said.




printer friendly version | back to top


Reader Comments

Article Comment what commented at 2/5/2010 3:53:00 PM:

what??? no comments on how the fire dept is covering up what really happened? I mean everyone knows it was probably faulty wiring just like the fire in starkville. Everyone knows it was not the cigarette that started the fire there, just like this couldn't have been the cooking pot here. hmmmm...


back to top



Most Viewed News Stories


1. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY

2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY

3. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY

4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY

5. Christmas festivities planned for downtown Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY


More popular content      Suggest a story



Follow Us:

Follow Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Follow Us via Email