January 15, 2016 10:00:26 AM
BURLINGTON, Vt. -- Authorities say a Canadian man was arrested while pulling a sled carrying more than 180 pounds of prescription pills across the border into the United States.
The U.S. attorney's office says 21-year-old Cedrik Bourgault-Morin (bohr-GOH' moh-RAN') was apprehended early Wednesday after he crossed the border from Quebec along a railroad line into North Troy, Vermont.
Prosecutors say Bourgault-Morin was wearing white camouflage and Border Patrol agents were alerted to his presence when he triggered a sensor.
Prosecutors say agents found 300 vacuum-sealed bags of anti-anxiety Xanax pills in a duffel bag on the sled. They say the pills had a street value of $1.6 million.
Bourgault-Morin was being held Thursday in a Vermont prison. His attorney hasn't returned a call seeking comment.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Princess owner plans to reopen theater COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY