February 11, 2010 10:05:00 AM
The Dispatch''s advertising department brought home more than a dozen awards from the Mississippi Press Association''s Better Newspaper Contest, including first-place awards for best magazine and retail ad.
The awards were presented late January at the Association''s mid-winter conference in Jackson.
"I''m proud of our crew," said Dispatch Publisher Birney Imes. "These awards only affirm what our advertisers frequently tell us, that we have an energetic, imaginative and service-oriented team."
The awards included:
hk commented at 2/11/2010 11:30:00 AM:
I am not sure how they won anything.. all of the ads that are in color--they are so blurry--looks like they are in 3-D!
Elmore commented at 2/11/2010 3:14:00 PM:
Way to build people up, hk. Im sure the winners worked hard. Congrats Dispatch employees!
elvira commented at 2/11/2010 4:24:00 PM:
Congratulations to all ! Good to have success after so much hard work. Keep it up.
HK commented at 2/12/2010 10:34:00 AM:
Congrats to all--just saying--why are the colored ads so blurry? Look at the ads next time-you will agree.. they are blurry!
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. CMS exhibits culture of giving COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex park ranger gets 5 years for child exploitation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus woman dies in car crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY