February 11, 2010 10:05:00 AM
The Dispatch''s advertising department brought home more than a dozen awards from the Mississippi Press Association''s Better Newspaper Contest, including first-place awards for best magazine and retail ad.
The awards were presented late January at the Association''s mid-winter conference in Jackson.
"I''m proud of our crew," said Dispatch Publisher Birney Imes. "These awards only affirm what our advertisers frequently tell us, that we have an energetic, imaginative and service-oriented team."
The awards included:
hk commented at 2/11/2010 11:30:00 AM:
I am not sure how they won anything.. all of the ads that are in color--they are so blurry--looks like they are in 3-D!
Elmore commented at 2/11/2010 3:14:00 PM:
Way to build people up, hk. Im sure the winners worked hard. Congrats Dispatch employees!
elvira commented at 2/11/2010 4:24:00 PM:
Congratulations to all ! Good to have success after so much hard work. Keep it up.
HK commented at 2/12/2010 10:34:00 AM:
Congrats to all--just saying--why are the colored ads so blurry? Look at the ads next time-you will agree.. they are blurry!
1. McDill, popular artist and craftsman, dies at 33 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Downtown shooting injures one COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus child struck by vehicle COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Stansbury looks to jettison lake lease STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Ward 5 candidates outline goals, platforms COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY