February 22, 2010 10:50:00 AM
The Wall That Heals, a half-scale replica of the Vietnam Veterans Memorial in Washington, D.C., will bring the message of The Wall to Tuscaloosa, Ala., from June 10-13.
Located at the Veterans Administration Medical Center, the exhibition will feature the dramatic replica -- stretching nearly 250 feet in length -- as well as an Information Center and traveling museum displaying memorabilia left at The Wall in Washington D.C. Special activities planned include opening and closing ceremonies; a reading of each name of the service members from Alabama listed on the wall, and other events to be announced.
The Wall That Heals is open 24 hours a day beginning at 8 a.m. June 10. The is no charge for admission. It will remain open until 5 p.m. June 13. For more information go to the Mike Spann Detatchment Web site: www.tuscaloosamarines.org. For more information on The Wall That Heals go to www.vvmf.org.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Pride denied: Aldermen shoot down LGBT parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Caledonia student arrested for weapon possession may have been bullied COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Man gets 40 years for killing cousin COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY