March 3, 2009
Columbus and Lowndes County''s Emergency Management Agency will test the Tornado Warning Siren System Wednesday at 10 a.m. The sirens will be activated to test their operational status prior to the arrival of severe weather.
"To determine if the sirens are operating properly, we need your assistance in monitoring and reporting the status of tornado sirens in your area," CLEMA Director Cindy Lawrence wrote in a release. "If a siren is not functioning, please call our office at 662-329-5110, immediately following the monthly test."
Emergency management officials remind residents not to call 911 when the siren sounds.
If severe weather is forecast or is observed in the area, the siren test will be postponed until the next monthly test to avoid confusion.
If you have questions, please contact CLEMA at 662-329-5110.
1. Child dies in morning blaze COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Four have qualified for Dist. 17 seat COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus man arrested for Friday shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. West Nile case confirmed in Lowndes COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Wal-Mart Markets opening in Miss. BUSINESS