March 11, 2010 10:28:00 AM
What started as a vehicle chase for Lowndes County Sheriff''s deputies last Friday netted arrests of two Starkville residents and a Columbus resident on two different charges, according to Detective Eli Perrigin of the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Department.
Perrigin identified those arrested as Kenyon Tequile Tuggle, 24, of 202 19th St. N. in Columbus, who was arrested on a charge of accessory after the fact; Shanerica Rline Tuggle, 21, of 1553 Chapel Hill Road in Starkville, was also arrested on a charge of accessory after the fact.
Valene Maggie Brooks, 34, of 1553 Chapel Hill Road in Starkville, was arrested on a charge of aggravated assault with weapon or other means.
Perrigin said deputies were called out at 4:30 a.m. on what he described as a "vehicle chase" through Crawford.
"We received a complaint from Sherita Rogers, who said her car had been rammed, and the arrests resulted from the complaint," Perrigin said.
The case remains under investigation, Perrigin said.
All three have had an initial appearance in court and were released on bond, he added.
According to Pat Tuggle, administrative assistant with the Lowndes County jail, Brooks was released on a $15,000 bond, while Shanerica and Kenyon Tuggle were each released on a $3,500 bond.
The following other people were arrested on felony charges, according to reports released from the Lowndes County Sheriff''s Office:
1. Columbus man accused of molestation COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Man killed in University Hills Mobile Home Park shooting STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Mother, daughter charged with crack possession STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Imagination Library begins in Columbus COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Auto burglary suspect arrested after foot chase STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY