October 29, 2016 10:25:50 PM
Local and federal law enforcement are still searching for an armed bank robbery suspect, Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office Lt. Brett Watson confirmed to The Dispatch on Saturday.
The suspect fled the scene of the reported Friday morning robbery at Triangle Federal Credit Union, located at 12036 Highway 182 East in Clayton Village east of Starkville, shortly before law enforcement arrived. He was last seen running toward the woods behind the facility.
An OCSO press release described the suspect as a six-feet tall, slender black male dressed in a dark hoodie, blue jeans, white Nike tennis shoes and a camo cap.
According to the release, the suspect entered the credit union at least 30 minutes before the normal operating hours and brandished a gun. He fled without stealing anything and no one was injured, the release said.
In surveillance video, the suspect is holding what appears to be a snub-nosed revolver at the time of the alleged robbery.
The sheriff's department is leading the search for the man. Starkville and Mississippi State police departments, Clay County Sheriff's Office and the Federal Bureau of Investigation are assisting.
Anyone with any information about this or any other crime is asked to call the Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Office at 662-323-2421, the Starkville Police Department at 662-323-4131 or Golden Triangle Crimestoppers at 1-800-530-7151.
1. Hickman fired as CMSD superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Bond revoked again for attempted kidnapping suspect STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Pride parade reconsideration prospects grim STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Investigators trying to ID owner of gun found at Columbus Middle School COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Longtime attorney passes away STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY