March 31, 2010 9:28:00 AM
A West Point woman on the run from law enforcement for cashing nearly a dozen bad checks in the Starkville area turned herself in to the Oktibbeha County Sheriff''s Department Tuesday, according to an OCSD news release.
Bond for Keisha Carothers, 32, of 403 Crowell St., West Point, has been set at $50,000.
The Sheriff''s Department has been searching for Carothers for several weeks as she is wanted on 10 counts of false pretense. Carothers wrote 10 checks which drew money from a closed account, OCSD Chief Deputy George Carrithers said.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 12 county, city officials miss financial disclosure deadline STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY