January 9, 2017 11:10:38 AM
Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested two last week for allegedly using stolen credit cards at local businesses.
Police took Desmun Jujuan Chandler, 24, of 1407 11th Ave. South, and Steffiene Dawyniece Anthony, 29, of 300 South Lehmberg Road, #77, into custody on Jan. 2, according to a press release from the Columbus Police Department.
Chandler allegedly broke into a vehicle to steal credit cards before he and Anthony began making purchases at multiple businesses, according to the press release.
Chandler was charged with burglary of an automobile, and he and Anthony were both charged with three counts each of fraudulent use of identification.
Both Chandler and Anthony are in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center. Anthony's bond was set at $15,000, and Chandler was denied bond because he was out on a previous indictment when police arrested him last week.
1. Builder of houses and people: Caledonia builder, Realtor dies at age 89 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus police make arrest in April shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. CLW eyes rate, customer surcharge hikes for electric COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A church within reach COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville to begin mulling residential parking ordinance change STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY