January 10, 2017 10:12:06 AM
A Caledonia man is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for allegedly stealing a friend's pick-up truck.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Blake Edward Burke, 20, of 5500 Cal-Kolola Road, on Sunday, LCSO Capt. Ryan Rickert said.
Burke allegedly stole a friend's pick-up near Cal-Kolola Road on New Year's Day. Deputies found the pick-up near the location it was stolen from later that night, Rickert said.
Burke, who was also picked up on a grand larceny indictment from a previous incident, was charged with one count of felony taking of a motor vehicle. His bond has been set at $12,500.
1. 30-plus employers to recruit at job fair COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Would-be CPD officer popped for DUI, other charges COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Deputies seek man who wielded AR-15 rifle at park COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Granting excellence STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Mickens takes on ex-opponent during town hall COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY