January 10, 2017 10:12:06 AM
A Caledonia man is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for allegedly stealing a friend's pick-up truck.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office arrested Blake Edward Burke, 20, of 5500 Cal-Kolola Road, on Sunday, LCSO Capt. Ryan Rickert said.
Burke allegedly stole a friend's pick-up near Cal-Kolola Road on New Year's Day. Deputies found the pick-up near the location it was stolen from later that night, Rickert said.
Burke, who was also picked up on a grand larceny indictment from a previous incident, was charged with one count of felony taking of a motor vehicle. His bond has been set at $12,500.
1. Convictions for police officer defendants rare COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. New Columbus Arts Council director looks for more long-term donations COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. The Book of Joe: LINK CEO Higgins enlists ghostwriter to work on book project COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officials respond to voting concerns at Union precinct COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY