April 2, 2010 12:27:00 PM
A Mississippi State University student from West Point was found dead Thursday afternoon in a lake north of Starkville.
The cause of death for 21-year-old Max Miller, of 1936 Waverly Drive, was drowning, Oktibbeha County coroner Michael Hunt said. Miller''s body was found around 1:30 p.m. Thursday in a lake in the Indian Ridge area off Rockhill Road, Hunt said.
Miller had been missing since Tuesday, Hunt said. Hunt believes Miller was fishing and had a seizure, then fell in the water and drowned. Miller had experienced seizures in the past, Hunt said.
Miller was a sophomore biological engineering major at Mississippi State.
CG commented at 4/3/2010 12:28:00 PM:
I am deeply saddened for the Miller family. My prayers will be with you.
co-worker commented at 4/3/2010 10:42:00 PM:
I work with Max's brother and father and both are great guys. They would do anything for a person in need and I am sure Max was a great guy as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Millers.
1. Last two antebellum homes in Starkville for sale; one could be torn down STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. MDOT unveils Highway 82 interchange improvements COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Sheriff: New deputy hires will expand shift coverage STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Letting out their 'inner geek': Second Columbus Comic Con bigger, better than last year COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Council approves $232K in employee raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY