April 2, 2010 12:27:00 PM
A Mississippi State University student from West Point was found dead Thursday afternoon in a lake north of Starkville.
The cause of death for 21-year-old Max Miller, of 1936 Waverly Drive, was drowning, Oktibbeha County coroner Michael Hunt said. Miller''s body was found around 1:30 p.m. Thursday in a lake in the Indian Ridge area off Rockhill Road, Hunt said.
Miller had been missing since Tuesday, Hunt said. Hunt believes Miller was fishing and had a seizure, then fell in the water and drowned. Miller had experienced seizures in the past, Hunt said.
Miller was a sophomore biological engineering major at Mississippi State.
CG commented at 4/3/2010 12:28:00 PM:
I am deeply saddened for the Miller family. My prayers will be with you.
co-worker commented at 4/3/2010 10:42:00 PM:
I work with Max's brother and father and both are great guys. They would do anything for a person in need and I am sure Max was a great guy as well. My thoughts and prayers go out to the Millers.
1. Affidavits: West Point man allegedly bound male victim, raped female STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Area high school students earn national scholarships COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Weyerhaeuser to sell Columbus mills COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Music 4 U' launching in Miss. this month COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. 12 county, city officials miss financial disclosure deadline STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY