Columbus police responded to a shooting shortly after 7 p.m. at the Columbus Inn and Suites, on Highway 45 North, where a suspect apparently shot a woman in the leg. Photo by: Deanna Robinson/Dispatch Staff
February 14, 2017 10:13:32 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
Police have released the name of the suspect in a hotel shooting that sent a woman to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle Monday night.
Parish Brewer, 24, of 172 Swedenburg Circle, is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center for allegedly shooting a family member. Officers with the Columbus Police Department arrested Brewer Monday night at the Columbus Inn and Suites on Highway 45 North where he and the victim were staying, Capt. Brent Swan said.
Authorities have not yet defined the exact charge. Swan said Brewer would appear before a municipal judge Tuesday evening.
Police responded to the shooting shortly after 7 p.m. Brewer allegedly shot the victim in the leg.
The victim was treated at the hospital and released later Monday.
Though a window of a hotel room was shattered, police did not say whether the shooting occurred inside the room or out in the parking lot.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Walmart shooting suspect charged with aggravated assault STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY