Isabelle Altman & Dispatch Staff Reports
March 20, 2017 10:25:17 AM
An Oktibbeha County man is behind bars in Lowndes County this morning for allegedly shooting a woman a club in Crawford Friday.
Deputies with the Lowndes County Sheriff's Office responded to Club Exotic in Crawford early Friday morning where a woman in her 20s had been shot in the foot. Later that afternoon, deputies arrested Jamario Jordan, 22, of Oktibbeha County, and charged him with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. His bond has not yet been set, but his first appearance is scheduled for today in Lowndes County Justice Court.
LCSO Capt. Ryan Rickert said investigators are still trying to determine how the victim and suspect knew each other or why the suspect allegedly shot her.
The victim was taken to Baptist Memorial Hospital-Golden Triangle where she was treated and released later Friday morning.
1. CPD officer suspended for Facebook posts COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Suspects lead police on chase through two counties COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Childhood home of noted Disney animator, painter Joshua Meador is on the market COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. County pushes city to relax Cornerstone regulations STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Proposed pay raise for councilmen fails COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY