April 12, 2010 11:41:00 AM
There''s still time to participate in county government month events in Lowndes County.
On Saturday, from 9-11:30 a.m., Lowndes County employees are challenging city of Columbus employees to a one-mile relay walk at the Magnolia Bowl. The public is also invited to participate in the event.
On Friday, April 23, the county will host a party to close out county government month on the courthouse lawn, from 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
Food and live entertainment will be provided. Entertainment will be the Flash Point Band and Keith and Margie.
The county also plans to recognize employees who have worked for Lowndes County for 15 years or more, during the event.
For more information, contact District 5 Supervisor Leroy Brooks at 662-329-5871.
Clyde commented at 4/13/2010 8:57:00 AM:
COME ONE - COME ALL IT'S the "LEROY SHOW"! EVERYTHING FREE (REALLY) I KNOW EVERYBODY WILL BE THERE. I SURE WILL. The "BIG K" will be there in an all you can eat contest. Leroy will challenge anyone to a "BELLY BUMPING" ROUND of pure entertainment. Go Harry we are behind you all the way. After the SHOW we will all meet at the OLD BRIDGE for an old time PAINTING. Lots of "FUN FOR ALL". Smile for your PICTURE.
1. Gregory resigns from Partnership leadership position STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Columbus police department prepares house of horrors COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Columbus police seek bank fraud suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Are ghosts haunting the Golden Triangle? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Leroy Brooks pushes county pay raises COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY