March 7, 2009
The following cases were processed this week in Lowndes County Circuit Court:
--Devonta Lowery, of 26 Wright Chapel St. in Crawford, was sentenced to six years in the Mississippi Department of Corrections and ordered to pay a fine of $1,000. Lowery pleaded guilty to armed robbery Monday, before Judge Lee Howard. He was charged with stealing money from two women Oct. 21, 2008.
--Jonathan J. Dubuque, of 8001 Highway 12 W. in Steens, pleaded guilty to one county of grand larceny and Monday was sentenced by Howard to four years in MDOC and ordered to pay a $1,000 fine. Dubuque stood accused of stealing a 2004 Dodge Ram and a 1995 Nissan 240 from the same man, in August 2008.
--Amy N. Daniels, of 108 Lilly Pad Road in Leaksville, pleaded guilty to false pretense and sentenced to one year at the MDOC. Daniels copped to passing a bad $100 check in March 2007. She was sentenced by Judge Jim Kitchens, Monday.
n Stephen Bernard Brown, of 304 Taylor St. in Columbus, pleaded guilty to the burglary of a business and Monday was sentenced by Howard to five years in MDOC.
--Willie C. Williams, of 1506 Fourth Ave. N. in Columbus, Monday pleaded guilty to two counts of selling cocaine to an undercover officer. Howard sentenced Williams to serve eight years on each count, for a total of 16 years, at MDOC and pay a $5,000 fine for each count, for a total of $10,000.
--Johnnie Owens Meadows, of 11 McCrary Road in Columbus, pleaded guilty Monday to possession of cocaine more than 2 grams but less than 10. He was sentenced to four years in MDOC by Kitchens.
1. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY