April 15, 2010 3:18:00 PM
One man died today in a motorcycle wreck on Oktoc Road, Oktibbeha County Sheriff''s Department Chief Deputy George Carrithers confirmed this afternoon.
Charlie Akins, 26, of Starkville, was headed east on Oktoc Road when he lost control of his motorcycle and hit a tree, officials said. The accident happened at 10:30 a.m., an eighth of a mile from 21 Apartments, Carrithers said.
Akins was pronounced dead at 11:22 a.m. at OCH Regional Medical Center, officials said.
The motorcycle was the only vehicle involved in the wreck, Carrithers said.
Cherry D Massey commented at 4/17/2010 1:09:00 PM:
My prayers go out to the young man's family
Cherry D Massey commented at 4/17/2010 1:10:00 PM:
My prayers go out to the young man's family. Such a tragedy.
melissa parker commented at 4/17/2010 8:50:00 PM:
please pray for this young man's 2 sweet sons- I've had the privilege of teaching both of these wonderful boys
1. 3 die in Lowndes County crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. No-jangles: Starkville Bojangles closes STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Jurors hear 911 tape as Quinn murder trial begins STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Hickman begins his first day as Columbus schools superintendent COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Photo: No fuel, no rocket COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY