April 16, 2010 11:35:00 AM
Where does food come from? The Hitching Lot Farmers'' Market invites the community to see for themselves. An open house and plant sale from 10 a.m. to noon at the Palmer Home for Children greenhouses, 912 11th Ave. S., is the first of several "farm tours" the Farmers'' Market in Columbus will promote this season.
"Heirloom tomato plants, annuals, herbs and plenty of other plants will be available for purchase," noted Amber Murphree Brislin, director of Main Street Columbus. Houseparents and children will assist the public.
For more information, contact Palmer Home at 662-328-5704, or visit www.palmerhome.org/GreenHouseOpenHouse.html. The event will be canceled in case of rain. To learn about the Farmers'' Market, visit www.hitchinglotfarmersmarket.com.
1. Story of Columbus teen on death row airs on Headline News COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Skull identified as missing son of former Columbus police chief COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Future of Ryan's uncertain COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. A house to love: The Haven, historic downtown home, passes to new ownership COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Restaurant tax: Smith, Younger agree on reducing restaurant tax floor COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY