April 19, 2010 9:54:00 AM
WEST POINT -- West Point police made an arrest Friday in connection with a recent automobile burglary.
According to Capt. Mike Burgess, public information officer and head of the Criminal Investigations Division of the West Point Police Department, officers arrested David J. Hopson, 30, of 914 Meadowbrook Circle in West Point on the charge of burglary of an automobile.
The burglary occurred March 12 at the Atmos Energy Gas Co. at 120 S. Division St. in West Point, Burgess said.
"Officers of the West Point Police Department were able to recover the items taken from the vehicle that was burglarized and linked them back to Hopson," he said.
Burgess added a rash of automobile burglaries occurred in West Point from March 12-23.
"The investigations continue into these other burglaries to see if Hopson may also be responsible for these burglaries as well," Burgess said.
1. Trio gets 40 years for pizza delivery robberies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CAFB pilots released from hospital after crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Check warns Oktibbeha County 'not big enough' for two ambulance services STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Man faces assault charge for Columbus shooting COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Three finalists picked for CMSD superintendent job COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY