April 19, 2010 2:03:00 PM
SALTILLO -- Lee County Coroner Carolyn Gillentine-Green says a state medical examiner''s report has concluded that the shooting death of Anna Catherine McCoy was consistent with that of a homicide.
Gillentine-Green says McCoy was shot on the right side of her mouth.
Saltillo police investigator Mark Haygood tells the Northeast Mississippi Daily Journal that before the department calls McCoy''s death a murder they will wait for the full report to come in. Haygood said he hoped to have it within the next 72 hours.
The 20-year-old McCoy was found shot to death at a home in Saltillo on Thursday night.
She was an Itawamba Community College soccer player and daughter of retired Tupelo police officer Cotton McCoy.
No one has been charged in the case.
melinda commented at 4/20/2010 9:32:00 AM:
This is a very young age to loose your life .i hope and pray that the person who did this will be punshed. i can feel the family heart break. i have 2 daughters of my own an i cant amagin the pain an heart ache the family is going threw. we all will be in my prayers at nite. trust in god an he will see you threw threw.
1. Old Hickory grill man does it for the love COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Jeb Bush to attend Egg Bowl STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. Oktibbeha man dies in weekend wreck STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Carleton joins Oxford police force COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Vasquez murder: Vasquez's family responds to Martinez's release COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY