April 26, 2010 2:00:00 PM
JACKSON -- Gov. Haley Barbour has declared Tuesday as a Day of Prayer to remember Mississippians who suffered losses in Saturday''s severe weather and for those families who lost loved ones in last week''s oil rig accident.
Ten people in Mississippi died in Saturday''s tornado.
Four Mississippians were reported missing in the oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico.
Barbour says the past few days "have been tough for many Mississippi families."
Barbour has ordered state flags to be flown at half staff April 27 through April 30 as part of a period of mourning.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen pass amended alcohol ordinance STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Princess owner plans to reopen theater COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY