April 26, 2010 2:00:00 PM
JACKSON -- Gov. Haley Barbour has declared Tuesday as a Day of Prayer to remember Mississippians who suffered losses in Saturday''s severe weather and for those families who lost loved ones in last week''s oil rig accident.
Ten people in Mississippi died in Saturday''s tornado.
Four Mississippians were reported missing in the oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico.
Barbour says the past few days "have been tough for many Mississippi families."
Barbour has ordered state flags to be flown at half staff April 27 through April 30 as part of a period of mourning.
1. Historic Columbus depot has a buyer COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. CMSD board buys new books COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. A year in, is J5 Broaddus saving Columbus money? COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Lowndes man found guilty of manslaughter COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. County working on possible storm shelter project STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY