April 26, 2010 2:00:00 PM
JACKSON -- Gov. Haley Barbour has declared Tuesday as a Day of Prayer to remember Mississippians who suffered losses in Saturday''s severe weather and for those families who lost loved ones in last week''s oil rig accident.
Ten people in Mississippi died in Saturday''s tornado.
Four Mississippians were reported missing in the oil rig explosion in the Gulf of Mexico.
Barbour says the past few days "have been tough for many Mississippi families."
Barbour has ordered state flags to be flown at half staff April 27 through April 30 as part of a period of mourning.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Caledonia boy, grandmother die in wreck COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY