July 14, 2017 10:56:01 AM
An Oktibbeha County man remains in jail after he was accused of raping a minor.
Bond was denied for Jacob Thomas Breaux, 29, in Oktibbeha County Justice Court Tuesday after he was charged with one count of rape and one count of possession of paraphernalia.
Few details about the arrest have emerged, but Oktibbeha County Sheriff's Department Lt. Brett Watson said the incident stemmed from a report of a missing 15-year-old girl in the Longview community.
The minor was missing for about 12 hours, Watson said, and was found in fair condition. She was not held captive, the county's head investigator confirmed, and was later released into her parents' custody.
OCSD released no further details about the incident, but Watson said investigation is still ongoing.
Burglary charges filed
A Union man is also behind bars on a $30,000 bond after a month-long investigation into numerous break-ins at Oktibbeha County mini-storage facilities.
Jason Daniel Stevens, 35, faces six counts of burglary of a commercial building.
He remains in custody at the Oktibbeha County Jail.
This investigation is also ongoing, and more arrests could follow.
Anyone with any information about these or any other incidents is asked to call OCSD at 662-323-2421, the OCSD Investigations Unit at 662-324-8484 or the Golden Triangle Crime Stoppers at 800-530-7151.
Crime Stoppers may offer a reward for information that leads to a conviction.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Paying dividends: West Lowndes students earn big returns in Stock Market Game COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Starkville settles Pride lawsuit STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY