August 16, 2017 11:04:33 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A registered sex offender from West Point has been arrested for kidnapping after he allegedly held an Aberdeen Realtor against her will.
Deputies with the Monroe County Sheriff's Office arrested Kenneth "Yogi" Fox, 40, of 299 Vance Road in West Point, on Tuesday. Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said he kidnapped a Realtor at a house she was showing in Aberdeen and then told her he wanted to have sex with an older woman.
Cantrell said Fox held the victim around the waist and covered her mouth. She was able to get away and was not sexually assaulted.
Fox was convicted of aggravated criminal sexual assault in Illinois in 1993, according to the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry. He is currently in custody at the Monroe County Detention Center with bond set at $25,000.
1. Columbus man dies in head-on crash COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Lowndes supes OK budget with deficit, tax increase COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Area students check out college options COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Human remains discovered on banks of Tenn-Tom COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Bucket-list rides STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY