August 16, 2017 11:04:33 AM
The contents of this article have been modified since its original posting.
A registered sex offender from West Point has been arrested for kidnapping after he allegedly held an Aberdeen Realtor against her will.
Deputies with the Monroe County Sheriff's Office arrested Kenneth "Yogi" Fox, 40, of 299 Vance Road in West Point, on Tuesday. Sheriff Cecil Cantrell said he kidnapped a Realtor at a house she was showing in Aberdeen and then told her he wanted to have sex with an older woman.
Cantrell said Fox held the victim around the waist and covered her mouth. She was able to get away and was not sexually assaulted.
Fox was convicted of aggravated criminal sexual assault in Illinois in 1993, according to the Mississippi Sex Offender Registry. He is currently in custody at the Monroe County Detention Center with bond set at $25,000.
1. CRA distances itself from Realtor's 'threatening' letters to Burns Bottom property owners COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Developer agrees to purchase Lee for $450K COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Dispatch earns 16 Press Association awards COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. 'Father' time: MSU fans take fathers, sons on first pilgrimages to CWS in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. GEDs provide opportunities for 21 excited graduates COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY