August 23, 2017 2:25:00 PM
A woman's body was found in Noxubee County Tuesday night.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun could not confirm the woman's identity but said she had been found on Butler Road southwest of Macon at about 5:30 p.m.
Though Calhoun said he did not know cause of death yet, he confirmed the death is being treated as a homicide.
Calhoun added the victim appears to have been dead about a month.
Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree did not respond to calls from The Dispatch by press time.
1. Cracker Barrel employee shot at restaurant COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. MSU alum, convenience store owner gives away Rally Bananas to MSU fans in Omaha STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
3. CMSD board approves sale of Lee Middle property COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Prather named interim CEO for Partnership STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Arrest report 6-21-18 COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY