August 23, 2017 2:25:00 PM
A woman's body was found in Noxubee County Tuesday night.
Noxubee County Coroner R.L. Calhoun could not confirm the woman's identity but said she had been found on Butler Road southwest of Macon at about 5:30 p.m.
Though Calhoun said he did not know cause of death yet, he confirmed the death is being treated as a homicide.
Calhoun added the victim appears to have been dead about a month.
Noxubee County Sheriff Terry Grassaree did not respond to calls from The Dispatch by press time.
1. Cannizaro out as MSU baseball coach STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Petition calls for Baptist to reinstate privileges for longtime OBGYN COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Aldermen shoot down Pride parade request STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
4. Defendant sentenced to 40 years for second-degree murder COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Police make attempted kidnapping arrest STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY