August 24, 2017 11:04:00 PM
A 20-year-old Starkville resident is dead and another person is in custody after a Thursday shooting at Brookville Gardens.
Oktibbeha County Coroner Michael Hunt confirmed Deontay M. Rogers was pronounced dead after he was admitted to OCH Regional Medical Center about 9:21 p.m.
SPD Frank Nichols said one person was in custody, but the agency did not release that person's identity or any other information about the incident.
Nichols also confirmed another unconnected shooting occurred Thursday but did not release any details.
The Dispatch will update this story as more information becomes available.
Carl Smith covers Starkville and Oktibbeha County for The Dispatch. Follow him on Twitter @StarkDispatch
1. DJ pleads guilty to 2015 shooting at Heidi Ho COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
2. Three finalists announced for CMSD superintendent spot COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Ex-Columbus-Lowndes Airport manager arrested for embezzlement COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Ex-Columbus HS teacher found guilty of soliciting student for sex COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Columbus resident arrested for possession of child pornography COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY