May 4, 2010 10:39:00 AM
Falcon Contracting Co. in Columbus will begin milling Military Road, Seventh Street North and Willowbrook Road today.
The work on Military will run from Third Avenue North to 18th Avenue North. Seventh Street will be milled from 18th Avenue to Willowbrook, and Willowbrook will be milled from Seventh Street to Hospital Drive.
Each street will be milled 1.5 inches below curb and gutter levels before paving begins.
Doug Phillips, with Falcon Contracting, said Military will be milled first. A paving crew will begin working on Military when the milling crew moves on to Seventh Street and Willowbrook.
Phillips estimates the milling will take two weeks to complete, followed by paving. The newly paved streets will be striped two weeks after being paved.
Work is scheduled to begin around 8 a.m. each morning following school traffic.
Really? commented at 5/6/2010 8:52:00 AM:
"Work is scheduled to begin around 8 a.m. each morning following school traffic."
So... why have I been stopped by workers when trying to get down 7th Street at 7 AM? This morning I wasn't even allowed onto the street at the intersection of 7th & 18th. It would be GREAT if they waited til after school traffic - but they're lying.
1. Sturgis man arrested for attacking females STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Motorcycle wreck claims Lowndes man COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Police identify armed robbery suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Groomed for the moment: MSU student fulfills childhood dream to be Miss Mississippi STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
5. Gaining a seat at the table: Bulldog Bytes STEM camp encourages girls to pursue computer science COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY