September 16, 2017 10:00:59 PM
A suspect in a shooting outside the Princess Theater earlier this year is now facing two charges of intimidating a witness.
Members of the U.S. Marshal Fugitive Task Force and the Lowndes County Narcotics Unit arrested Morris Lanier, 31, of 313 Vance St., at Motel 6 on Highway 45 Thursday, according to a press release from Columbus Police Department.
Police say Lanier threatened and harassed a witness in an aggravated assault case during which Lanier and 24-year-old Terrance Lamar Williams allegedly opened fire outside The Princess Theater March 19. Lanier has been indicted on three counts of aggravated assault.
No one was injured in the March shooting, but shots hit several vehicles in the area, two of which were occupied.
Lanier has been denied bond and is in custody at the Lowndes County Adult Detention Center.
1. Starkville Walmart murder suspect had criminal history STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY
2. Second child involved in Sunday wreck dies COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
3. Officer fired for pointing gun at subdued suspect COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
4. Architectural plans in place for downtown hotel COLUMBUS & LOWNDES COUNTY
5. Walmart shooting suspect charged with aggravated assault STARKVILLE & OKTIBBEHA COUNTY